Honey! Baby Hughie Needs Changin'
This story isn't very funny.
I fell in love with a playboy bunny.
Now I feel harried
'cause as soon as we married,
she gave birth to an eight kit colony.
This story isn't very funny.
I fell in love with a playboy bunny.
Now I feel harried
'cause as soon as we married,
she gave birth to an eight kit colony.
Baby Hughie was named for Hugh Hefner.
At Franklin Junior High in Des Moines in the '60s, one of my classmates, Randy, bragged that he had his own Playboy subscription. Naturally the rest of us were disbelievers so to prove it, he stupidly brought an issue in its plain brown wrapper with address label attached to school. In a moment of inattention, he let it get swiped. At the close of the day we amused ourselves by listening at the open door while Randy tried to describe the missing object to our homeroom teacher. From the glint in her eye and the tone when she asked him, "What sort of periodical?", I figured that she already knew the sort of periodical that Randy had lost. For the next two weeks or so the Playboy was passed around to the other boys in the class and then it was finally returned in its plain brown wrapper carefully placed in a spot where Randy may have accidentally mislaid it so that our teacher would find it, confiscate it, and Randy could get the detention he deserved for bringing such a thing to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment