Harris & Neveln
Jim do you think that its much too late
for the two of us to collaborate
on a song we both pen
like McCartney and Lenn-
on that wouldn't cause people to regurgitate?
Jim do you think that its much too late
for the two of us to collaborate
on a song we both pen
like McCartney and Lenn-
on that wouldn't cause people to regurgitate?
Recently my friend Jim Harris responded to my limerick A Granddaughter's Prayer with a comment in limerick form leading us, dear readers, to today's question. What do you think? Jim?
Reply from Jim Harris:
ReplyDeleteWell, as you know from back in the day
I wrote numerous tunes that we'd play
but that was back then
When my body was thin
And to compete with the Beatles wouldn't pay
Paul and John were the best as you know
And that's not to mention their show
So now I'm a teacher
And my dad's still a preacher
Plus my BP and weight are not low
It's not that I'm over the hill
On occasion I play the piano still
But the "groupies" are few
If ONLY you knew
I'm worried I may have to start taking the blue pill
Harris & Neveln Go Solo
ReplyDeleteWe know that Jim Harris has musical skill
although he may need a blue plaster cast pill.
When we lay cards on the table
I admit I'm unable
to add my fair share to the partnership till.
If we put musical skill to a Beatlesque test
a partnership sadly should be put to rest.
It would embarrass
James Paul McCartney "Harris"
to be teamed with a "Gary" Pete Best!