In Memory of Colonel Canfield Boone
Today let us whistle a happy tune
in memory of Colonel Canfield Boone
a great husband and dad
it's a shame that he had
to be taken away from us much too soon!
When I was growing up I was often told that we (my Mother's Guessford family) were related to the family of Daniel Boone. Unfortunately nobody ever wrote down exactly how we were related and while researching family history I have never been able to find a link. The closest I have come is that we are in-laws to the Sparks who are in-laws to Daniel Boone's wife Rebecca Bryan Boone. We do know that the Guessford family followed the Boone family from North Carolina to Kentucky and lived with them there and later followed them again from Kentucky to Missouri and Iowa.
Unfortunately I did not know Canfield 'Bud' Boone before he was killed at the Pentagon on 9/11. I have come to know about him and his wonderful sense of humor and love of his family from his wife Linda. I know that is does not matter that the link is unproven between the Guessford family and the Boone family. That day we lost - the entire nation lost - a kindred spirit and our brother.
Read about him here: Colonel Canfield Boone
No comments:
Post a Comment