Limericks
Before I brighten your day,
there is one thing that I have to say,"
"Don't pay a retainer
'till you read the disclaimer!"
What is it? Up-up or away?
there is one thing that I have to say,"
"Don't pay a retainer
'till you read the disclaimer!"
What is it? Up-up or away?
When I started publishing limericks on my own web site, the reader was first shown this limerick and given the choices:
Away or Up-Up
If you chose Away you were returned to my Home page. If you chose Up-Up then you were presented with the a new page with my disclaimer:
Disclaimer:
The names used in these limericks were chosen only for their characteristics of rhyme and meter. All events depicted are fictitious and were created for entertainment value only. Any resemblance to an actual person or persons (living or deceased), or to any couples (married, unmarried, separated, or divorced), or to any actual event or series of events is purely coincidental. The author has never been to law, medical, or divinity school and has never been ordained, passed the bar, ot completed his residency. He is not a priest, pastor. parson, attorney, or medical doctor. Please disregard any religious, legal, or medical information contained within these limericks!
After this you were presented with these two choices
I wish to preserve my innocence and return to the previous page
or
I am of sound mind and good vision. I have read and accept the disclaimer.
Only if you accepted could you continue reading my limericks.
Unfortunately, unlike the HTML files of my web pages, this blog does not include the controls to prevent the reader from proceeding without accepting but be assured dear reader:
The disclaimer still applies!

No comments:
Post a Comment