The World's Most Interesting Man
I'm the world's most interesting man
with a beard, messed up hair, and a tan.
I drink Mexican beer
and once shed a tear
just to see if I could and I can!
Many of my limericks are timeless. Like The Nits of Columbus, that hopefully will make sense as long as there is a Columbus Day, they last and last with little degradation in their entertainment value.
A few are topical and depend on a knowledge of current events to be totally appreciated. I think that The World's Most Interesting Man will end up in that category someday along with other passe limericks from my archives that are likely to show up on this blog from time to time. Once the TV ads for Dos Equis beer that inspired this one have run their course, I don't think that this limerick will be as funny as it is today. Read it quickly my friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment